It’s a fantastic lesson to practise predictions, future forms and 2nd conditional. You teach this lesson without any handouts, isn’t it great?
This lesson will work perfectly also in a online environment. Have fun!
Lesson objective: Students can make predictions.
- Have you ever lost something? What? Did you get it back?
- Have you ever found something that belonged to someone else (e.g. keys, a wallet, a smartphone etc.)? What did you do?
- What would you do if you found …
- a credit card
- an ID card
- a smartphone
- a golden ring
- a small amount of money
- a big amount of money
- a wallet?
Display the video using a projector or a computer screen. When the video stops and a question pops up, let the student write down their prediction. Discuss. Continue watching and check whose prediction was correct. Discuss the differences.
- Have you seen similar social experiments?
- What do you think about conducting, recording and publishing them?