Let me introduce a super simple idea to revise telling time with your students.
All you need are ice sticks and …. that’s it! 🙂
How does it work?
- Write the time on the sticks.
- Distribute them among the students.
- Student no. 1 draws one stick and tells the time aloud.
- Student no. 2 writes down the time (s)he heard.
- Students compare their answers.
Why is it worth trying?
- Easy to prepare
- Reusable for different purposes and languages (especially if you teach more than one language)
- No handouts or hardcopies
- Students take responsibility for their learning process as they can provide and check answers.
Unleash the teaching power of the ice sticks! 🙂
Ice sticks rule 🙂 I often use them to revise and practise vocabulary. Students don’t notice when they learn loads of words!!!!